Dealing with Stress and Emotions through The Work of Byron Katie
In this weekly podcast, we start with stress and look for ways to turn it around using The Work of Byron Katie. By questioning stressful thoughts, it is often possible to find new ways of seeing a stressful situation. And this new perspective can change the experience completely.
This is what I mean by “wiggle room,” just a little change of view is all I need to experience freedom. Changing the situation itself is nice, but it is not required for my happiness.
Each episode includes the recording from the week’s Open Session as well as my reading of the week’s newsletter article about The Work. Listen to recent episodes on this page, or scroll further down to see all episodes and click through to view resources such as show notes, bonus video clips, and a link to the newsletter for each episode.
You can also listen to this podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
Click through to see show notes, bonus video clips, and a link to the newsletter for each episode.
- Stressing Yourself Out Looking for Stressful Thoughts + How to Find the Perfect Thought to Question? + A Three Way Balancing Act
- Should I Focus On A Particular Area Of The Body When Doing The Work? + How Can I Remain Positive When Finding My Part In Things? + You Can’t Push Someone Down and Pull Yourself Up at the Same Time
- Using Self Attack As A Kind Of “Safe Place” + I’m Not Caring When I Pull Her Away From What She Wants To Do + Cleaning the Shower Revisited
- Is There A Way To Ground The Feeling Of The Work In The Body? + I Want My Brain To Feel Rested After A Night of Sleep + First Turnaround of The Day
- How to Find Specifics When Stressful Thoughts Are General + I Should Pay For It But I Don’t Want To + A Little Golden Shadow Work
- I Have to Do What I Don’t Like First + What if The Work Feels Repetitious? + Line 3 of the JYNW (Advice): When “Should” Doesn’t Feel Right”
- That Person Could Have Killed Me! + Identifying Deeper Thoughts and Feelings To Question + When Not To Do The Work
- She Makes Me Feel Inferior + Inferiority Complex As a Temple Bell
- They Are Inconsiderate With My Schedule + Do You Suffer From Competing Desires?
- Frustrated with customer service! + How Big of a Mirror Do You Need to See Yourself? + Join Us For a Virtual Retreat
- My Body Is Not Recovering Fast Enough + What If Your Stressful Thoughts Are Questions? Can You Still Question Them?
- I’m Going To Be Too Sick To Enjoy My Vacation + Are You Focusing Too Much on Technique When Doing The Work?
- My Daughter Should Put Away Her Things + What To Do When You’re Making Little Progress In Your Work?
- My Mother Committed Suicide + Moving Beyond What Is Familiar – An Antidote to Grief
- I’m Wasting My Time + Working With Prejudice
- Interview with Michele Dutton + It’s My Responsibility To Teach My Kids To Be More Respectful
- Have You Ever Thought You’ve Had Enough? + Money: What Can You Actually Control?
- I Want Her Out Of Her Phone So We Can Connect + Unconditional Love + Direction
- I Have Not Been Doing The Work at All Lately + The Difference Between “I Love The Work” and “I Need The Work”
- She Badmouthed Me + I Should Do The Work On Something Deep
- I Don’t Know How to Help Him + Inner Peace Doesn’t Depend on Peace in the World
- How Can You Be Prepared To Be In A Negative Environment? + Navigating The Divided Landscape
- I Don’t Want Him to Worry About Pleasing Me + When Doing The Work, Does It Matter Whose Business You’re In?
- Is Byron Katie’s Enlightenment an Impediment for Me? + Blaming Myself, Busy Life, and More
- My Partner Shouldn’t Have Female Friends + Exploring Perfectionism
- I Want Him to Be Organized + Two Engines on the Peace Train
- I’m Never Going to Get a Business Started After COVID + The Work Is Like Photography
- I’m Not Safe + Client Resisting The Work + Interruptions Are Tests
- What Exactly Is The Work of Byron Katie? + Doing The Work on “I’m Not Good Enough”