We spend a lot of time cultivating, but what are the fruits of our labor?
How Has The Work Helped You?
I have been doing The Work of Byron Katie (4 Questions and Turnarounds) regularly since 2007 and I have been facilitating others for as long. Here are a few benefits I’ve noticed in myself and in others over the years from this practice.
- Better relationships (partners, parents, children, co-workers, and relationships of all kinds)
- A feeling of less neediness in different situations
- Feeling more like oneself
- Feet on the ground
- More confidence
- Better able to stand up for oneself
- Moving through grief more quickly
- Better relationship with money
- Less fear
- Less need to control everything to feel safe
- Quicker to recover from emotional trauma
- More accepting of one’s own personality and limitations
- More courage to face health issues
- Less obsessive
- Able to see a bigger perspective
- More calmness
- Less worry
- More patience
- Relief from PTSD
- Freedom from addictive behaviors
- Greater ability to receive negative feedback
- Greater ability to receive compliments
- Better able to ask oneself what one wants
- Better able to communicate what one wants to others
- Better able to say no
- More creativity
- More fun
- More optimism
What Have You Noticed?
I’d love to hear your list of how The Work has helped you.
Have a great week,
“Inquiry is more than a technique: It brings to life, from deep within us, an innate aspect of our being. When practiced for a while, inquiry takes on its own life within you. It appears whenever thoughts appear, as their balance and mate. This internal partnership leaves you free to live as a kind, fluid, fearless, amused listener, a student of yourself, and a friend who can be trusted not to resent, criticize, or hold a grudge.” Byron Katie, Loving What Is
Further reading: Why I Love The Work Of Byron Katie